Retreats Are Key to Self-Care
Today’s society is challenging. A high 20 percent of Americans experience chronic physical discomfort, while one in three suffer from anxiety or depression. Fortunately, as mentioned in my book, the road to health and happiness can be accessible, easy, and enjoyable. But, it's essential to prioritize our self-care and incorporate simple practices.
- “Meditation turns on genes that are good for us.” — Dr. Sat Bir Singh Khalsa
- Laughing releases natural opiates more potent than morphine.
- “Yoga [asana] is the best means I know of for reducing back pain to manageable levels if not completely abolishing it.” — Dr. Loren Fishman
- Blissfulness is in the brain. A single yoga class can boost the amount of GABA, the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter.
- Researchers found money only goes so far in creating contentment and peace. A daily gratitude practice can reduce the incidence of heart disease, and people with gratitude journals require fewer visits to the doctor.
September 23-24 Texas Hill Country Retreat
That’s why I’m hosting a Wisdom for Mind, Body and Spirit Retreat at The Namaste Getaway during Pain Awareness Month. The wellness weekend will encompass physical yoga practices, laughter therapy, gratitude exercises, guided meditation, introspective activities, plus free time to hike, and enjoy my tree house, creek, or labyrinth.
Drop in, or stay for the full weekend at my peaceful two-acre mini-retreat center in Wimberley with sliding scale rates and Seva discounts (contact me for more info and rates). For those not able to make it to my Texas Hill Country getaway, join one-hour virtual sessions.
- ONE night accommodations (private room for 1-3 guests), full weekend retreat, complimentary copy of “From the Boxing Ring to the Ashram,” beverages, healthy snacks, plus vegan, gluten-free breakfasts.
- TWO nights accommodations (private room for 1-3 guests), full weekend retreat, complimentary copy of “From the Boxing Ring to the Ashram,” beverages, healthy snacks, plus vegan, gluten-free breakfasts and lunch.
- Drop-in (no accommodations) and enjoy sessions, your complimentary copy of “From the Boxing Ring to the Ashram,” beverages, and healthy snacks.
- 60-minute virtual workshops: Dem Bones, Chant and Be Happy, and/or Gutsy Yoga.
DM me for more info or a complete weekend schedule. Accommodations are limited, so reserve your spot(s) ASAP.